CrossFit Class is an ideal class for anyone who wants to experience a high intensity, whole body, muscular endurance workout! Our experienced team of coaches design workouts around simple and functional movements that strengthens and enhances your body. The universal scalability of CrossFit means that anyone, at any skill level, can jump into a class at any time and pick up the movements, the concepts, and the intensity level.
In order to begin CrossFit Class, it is required to take our elements series. Each new member goes through our Elements course, which is a small class setting for brand new beginners. You will learn all the fundamental movements, the proper way to move, and get personalized attention from a coach. It’s a chance for us to see where you are beginning and to better coach you once you are in a CrossFit class.We are now offering two modified versions of our traditional CrossFit class:
- Competition Class: This class is for individuals who strive to compete at a higher level (out of state competitions, regionals, etc.) What to expect: WODs will be kept to a high standard with minimal scaling. There will be minimal “coaching“ Heavyweight, technical skill components, etc. You will be expected to know movements and skills No group warm up This is the coaches opportunity to WOD too!
- Strongman Class: The integration of strongman movements and energy systems into the constantly varied CrossFit model. Think of it as “old-school movements with new-school programming.” We believe CrossFit Strongman is the best - and most fun - way to increase strength while still increasing work capacity across broad time and modal domains. In CrossFit, we want a stimulus that is constantly varied so we never stop progressing in our fitness. Strongman movements provide plenty of variation in a toy-filled playground where athletes can test and improve their brute strength and overall fitness level.
Hang Clean (specific Olympic lift skill work)
20min AMRAP (as many reps as possible) of:
- 200m run (metabolic conditioning)
- 5 Power Cleans (weight lifting)
- 10 push-ups (strength, gymnastics)
- 15 air squats (strength, metabolic conditioning)
Strongman Sample Workout
Establish a 1RM Weighted Fat Bar (Axel Bar) Turkish Get Up
- 15 Minute AMRAP 20 Ab Mat Sit Ups
- 75 meter farmers carry w/ dumbbells (Level 3 – 75’s/55’s, Level 2 – 55’s/40’s, Level 1 – 45’s/25’s)
- 5 Atlas Stone Ground to Shoulder (Level 3 – 115/95, Level 2 – 85/70, Level 1 – 70/45…or 30lb medicine ball)
RivFit is a non-traditional, high energy, hour long class to get in shape and feel great! This new class is similar to boot camp or circuit style training. RivFit is the class you are looking for if you like non-stop, fast-paced cardio without the heavy weightlifting! RivFit blends traditional and non traditional fat burning workouts in a 60min high intensity cardiovascular combination to boost your strength, stability, balance and overall strength and power! RivFit is perfect for the non-athlete or beginner athlete looking shed weight and body fat, or for the serious athlete looking to improve overall cardiovascular performance
500m row for time
5 rounds of:
- 500m row (metabolic conditioning)
- 10 burpees (metabolic conditioning)
- 20 box jumps (metabolic conditioning, strength, explosiveness)
- 30 sit-ups (strength)
Yoga complements CrossFit for many reasons, aside from simple stretching before and after workouts. Our Yoga class provides athletes with the chance to improve flexibility, strength, encourage quicker recovery, improved mental strength, and an overall better performance both in workouts and everyday life. Additionally, by pairing CrossFit and yoga, our members improve their: breathing, balance, body awareness, alignment, and prevent Injury. This will help your employees both in CrossFit, as well as their job, where they may be sitting for 6+ hours in a day.
Our classes encourage our members to harness their different mental capacities. Due to their varying natures, this coupling creates a more balanced athlete. CrossFitting yogis are able to be competitive yet calm, ambitious yet humble, and mindful not only of the strength of their technique, but also the balance and movements of their body.
CrossFitters train for the unknown and unknowable, but elite fitness does not guarantee personal safety. Enter FightFit! - a new class offered at the Riverfront that will teach our members how to increase their awareness and personal-defense skills, all while getting a seriously kick-ass workout! Athletes will learn practical, contemporary and relevant personal defense solutions through fun and dynamic drills and WOD-style workouts.
Forget cardio kickboxing….this new class offers our members a cool new way to develop mental, physical and tactical strength and endurance while adding diversity to ones programming and, more importantly, enhancing their safety. Take your Crossfit training to a whole new level with (FightFit)!